Greek Technical Translation
The primary goal of Greek technical translation is to communicate specific, often complex, information with complete clarity and lack of errors and/or omissions in Greek.
The following are some of the critical skills that translators must possess in order to execute successful and accurate Greek technical translations:
- Complete understanding of the source technical
Greek technical translators must have a background in the field in which they are working; this can be demonstrated by possessing the appropriate education, certification, and work experience in a particular field. For especially timely and complex topics of technical translation, Greek technical translators may have to conduct independent research in order to understand the material fully.
- Proofreading and editing skills
It is important that the Greek technical translator has the ability to check the original text for inconsistencies, errors, or other issues. While proofreading the source content is not always part of the formal translation process, technical translators should recognize when there are problems with the source material; their subject-specific knowledge thereby serves as a quality control step before and during the Greek technical translation process.
- Greek-specific technical knowledge
Greek technical translators are responsible for adapting technical material for Greece. This can include altering number, currency, and date formats, adapting information for local regulations, adhering to industry standards in Greek-speaking areas, and ensuring the style is appropriate for a Greek audience.
- Terminology management skills
Utilizing translation memory tools such as Trados is one element in ensuring consistent and accurate use of terminology. However, before they are stored, the Greek translator must first determine what terms will be used; this can be a challenge when there are multiple acceptable technical translations for a term, or if a word has been newly introduced in an industry. The best translators will share information about terms in question with their project manager or the client.
For more information on Technical Translation, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Greek Language
- The Greek Writing System
- Greek Certified Translations
- Greek Document Translation
- Greek Internationalization
- Greek Localization
- Greek Medical Translations
- Greek Software Internationalization
- Greek Software Localization
- Greek Software Testing
- Greek Software Translation
- Greek Technical Translation
- Greek Technical Translations
- Greek Translation Agencies
- Greek Translation Companies
- Greek Translation Services
- Greek Translations
- Greek Translators
- Greek Website Internationalization
- Greek Website Localization
- Greek Website Testing
- Greek Website Translation