Hebrew Internationalization (I18n) can be defined as the process of enabling back-end technologies to function or support Hebrew. Localization, on the other hand, deals primarily with the front-end or linguistic and cosmetic aspects of a Hebrew software application or Web site, including locale-specific content, cultural correctness, translations, and design.
Some of the reasons for internationalizing are to ensure your Hebrew application or Web site:
- Sorts based on Hebrew language rules;
- Allows the externalization of all translatable text strings (i.e., separating text from code);
- Handles the different address, time, date, and numerical formats used in Hebrew.
The process of Hebrew internationalization may include the following four steps:
- Discovery - Includes the preparation of a Hebrew internationalization kit and an analysis of the current internationalization readiness of the source Web site or software application.
- Assessment - Includes review and analysis of
- Source architecture and source code of Web site or software application.
- Global marketing plans and requirements.
- Design, development and build processes.
- Current I18N and localization strategies.
- Implementation - Includes the following:
- Externalizing text strings for ease of localization.
- Resolving any currency, time, date, or numbers issues.
- Enabling double-byte characters or bidirectional writing.
- Creating an I18n-friendly build methodology.
- Preparing an I18n test plan.
- Preparing a localization kit.
- Carrying out training on I18n.
- Introduction of I18n tools and any required tool training.
- Testing - Includes client-driven I18n and
DBCS-enablement testing, bug reporting/fixing and regression
For more information on Internationalization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Hebrew Language
- The Hebrew Writing System
- Hebrew Certified Translations
- Hebrew Document Translation
- Hebrew Internationalization
- Hebrew Localization
- Hebrew Medical Translations
- Hebrew Software Internationalization
- Hebrew Software Localization
- Hebrew Software Testing
- Hebrew Software Translation
- Hebrew Technical Translation
- Hebrew Technical Translations
- Hebrew Translation Agencies
- Hebrew Translation Companies
- Hebrew Translation Services
- Hebrew Translations
- Hebrew Translators
- Hebrew Website Internationalization
- Hebrew Website Localization
- Hebrew Website Testing
- Hebrew Website Translation