Whether you require Indonesian translation of software, documents, or online material, you need a Indonesian translator with the requisite education, accreditation, professional development, and technical skills for the job. Every project makes different demands on a translator, from technical terminology to tight deadlines. For this reason, it is critical to understand what qualifications are required for Indonesian translators, and their relative importance.
Educational requirements vary, but most professional Indonesian translators have at least a Bachelor's degree and many have earned their Master's degrees. Indonesian translators who specialize in a field such as pharmaceuticals or law usually possess additional educational or professional experience in that field.
Different countries have different accreditation programs. In the United States, the American Translators Association offers one accreditation program. It is important to remember that although a Indonesian translator may not have formal accreditation, he/she may still have the experience and education to be a highly-skilled, professional translator.
Perhaps even more so than during their education, successful Indonesian translators need to develop specialized translation skills in the course of their careers. The more professional experience a Indonesian translator has, the more likely he or she is to have mastered specialized terminology (telecommunications, for example), approaches to subject matter research, and the ability to maintain efficiency and accuracy under tight deadlines. Exposure to a wide variety of clients and project types also increases a Indonesian translator's skill set.
Beyond pure linguistic talents, modern translators need to have proficiency with translation memory (TM) tools such as Trados, Déjà Vu, or Catalyst. Such tools assist translators in managing terminology and repurposing repeated text for added consistency and efficiency. In addition to TM tools, it is helpful if Indonesian translators have a working knowledge of desktop publishing applications.
For more information on Indonesian Translators, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Indonesian Language
- The Indonesian Writing System
- Indonesian Certified Translations
- Indonesian Document Translation
- Indonesian Internationalization
- Indonesian Localization
- Indonesian Medical Translations
- Indonesian Software Internationalization
- Indonesian Software Localization
- Indonesian Software Testing
- Indonesian Software Translation
- Indonesian Technical Translation
- Indonesian Technical Translations
- Indonesian Translation Agencies
- Indonesian Translation Companies
- Indonesian Translation Services
- Indonesian Translations
- Indonesian Translators
- Indonesian Website Internationalization
- Indonesian Website Localization
- Indonesian Website Testing
- Indonesian Website Translation