Korean Software Translation
In order to ensure that your Korean software translation is accurate and fully adapted to South Korea, you must have your software fully "globalized." While the term "globalization" has many definitions outside of the translation services industry, inside the industry it refers to the basic process of creating software that functions in any market in the world.
Not every translation company is equipped to perform Korean software translation, with its many complexities. When searching for a company to translate your software into Korean, you should investigate their capabilities in the following areas:
1. Korean Software Translators
Korean software translation projects should be executed by professional, native-speaking software translators who specialize in the specific professional and technical areas of your company. They should be experienced with issues related to software translation in particular, such as the proper translation of dialog boxes, error messages, and buttons, standard user interface terminology, and software localization workflows.
2. Korean Software Terminology Management
Korean software translators should utilize translation memory tools such as Trados to translate the text strings that have been externalized from the various file formats, resulting in client-specific glossaries and terminology databases. The valuable data contained in the translation memories, which becomes the proprietary property of the client, ensures consistent translations throughout the components, and creates an authentic user experience.
3. Korean Software Component Translation
Frequently, a Korean software translation project will also involve translation of related components such as online help and printed documentation such as user guides or packaging. Your software translation company should have the capability to translate text from such source files as Java, VB and ASP, XML and ASP, C/C++, Visual Basic, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and others. Common documentation file types include FrameMaker, InDesign, QuarkXpress, Illustrator, and Word.
For more information on Software Translation, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Korean Language
- The Korean Writing System
- Korean Certified Translations
- Korean Document Translation
- Korean Internationalization
- Korean Localization
- Korean Medical Translations
- Korean Software Internationalization
- Korean Software Localization
- Korean Software Testing
- Korean Software Translation
- Korean Technical Translation
- Korean Technical Translations
- Korean Translation Agencies
- Korean Translation Companies
- Korean Translation Services
- Korean Translations
- Korean Translators
- Korean Website Internationalization
- Korean Website Localization
- Korean Website Testing
- Korean Website Translation