Portuguese Software Localization
Portuguese software localization is the process of adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a software application for Portugal. Portuguese software localization projects should be executed by experienced teams of localization professionals who work in conjunction with your software development group, ensuring that best practices for global software development are followed.
- Portuguese software internationalization
- Portuguese software translation
- Portuguese software testing
To make your software relevant for Portugal, all of its components should be localized. This includes the user interface, online help, databases, graphics, and documentation. It is important that all components are correctly localized and rigorously tested to ensure the resulting Portuguese software is linguistically, culturally, cosmetically, and functionally correct.
A Portuguese localization company should have solid experience and a comprehensive localization methodology, which includes at a minimum:
- Portuguese localization kit review, analysis, and preparation.
- Portuguese glossary and terminology development./li>
- Portuguese cultural correctness assessment.
- Portuguese translation, editing, and proofreading of the user interface, help, and documentation content./li>
- Portuguese graphics localization, dialog resizing, and screen capturing.
- Portuguese software build capability.
- Portuguese online quality assurance.
- Portuguese usability, localization, and functionality testing.
- Client review and approval.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Portuguese Localization Kit." This information allows the localization company to analyze your software and to determine its Portuguese localization requirements. The kit includes:
- All files in your development environment, specifically resource files (for example, RC, RC2, DLG, H, HH, CPP, EXE, DLL, and graphic file formats).
- All documentation source files (for example, FrameMaker or Word).
- All online help source files (for example, graphics, RTF, VBS, HTML, CNT/HHX/HHC).
- Reference material (glossaries, past translations, style guides, etc.).
- File names and types, including an explanation of each file's purpose.
- The name and version of development, documentation, and online help authoring tools.
- The location (directories/files) of any hard-coded literals which are in the user interface.
- Original files of any third-party applications/components used.
- Detailed build instructions (if applicable).
- Test plan and test scripts (if applicable).
For more information on Software Localization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Portuguese Language
- The Portuguese Writing System
- Portuguese Certified Translations
- Portuguese Document Translation
- Portuguese Internationalization
- Portuguese Localization
- Portuguese Medical Translations
- Portuguese Software Internationalization
- Portuguese Software Localization
- Portuguese Software Testing
- Portuguese Software Translation
- Portuguese Technical Translation
- Portuguese Technical Translations
- Portuguese Translation Agencies
- Portuguese Translation Companies
- Portuguese Translation Services
- Portuguese Translations
- Portuguese Translators
- Portuguese Website Internationalization
- Portuguese Website Localization
- Portuguese Website Testing
- Portuguese Website Translation