Portuguese Software Testing
Portuguese software testing is a crucial quality control phase in the process of Portuguese software globalization. Target users of Portuguese software have the same high standards for functionality as users of the original software. In order to meet the expectations of Portuguese software users, a localization company must use experienced Portuguese software testers and follow a defined software testing process.
- Portuguese software internationalization
- Portuguese software translation
- Portuguese software localization
Whether it is performed on-site or off-site, Portuguese software testing should be executed by professional, native-speaking specialists. Working from a thorough test plan and test scripts/cases, the Portuguese testing team will use a combination of manual and automated tests, as well as bug tracking tools, to locate and fix critical software defects before release.
It is very common for Portuguese software testing professionals (typically translators and engineers) to work side-by-side with a company's own expert users to go through the following software testing phases:
Portuguese Software Internationalization Testing
Before Portuguese software translation begins, Portuguese software testing professionals test the source language software for international support and localizability. Portuguese software internationalization testing saves time and money by exposing potential trouble areas early in the localization process.
Portuguese Software Localization Testing
After Portuguese software translation, testing specialists review the Portuguese software in context to check for any linguistic or cosmetic issues. Linguistic testing deals with all language-related issues of a localized application, including currency symbols, locale-specific text, and more. Cosmetic testing deals with all visual issues such as the proper display of menus, messages and dialog boxes.
Portuguese Software Functionality Validation or Testing
After your Portuguese software has been localized, tests are performed using a variety of platforms and test scripts to verify that your application works properly for your target users. Testing concerns at this phase include ensuring that the application correctly installs and that all features work as they did in the original source language version of the application.
For more information on Software Translations, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Portuguese Language
- The Portuguese Writing System
- Portuguese Certified Translations
- Portuguese Document Translation
- Portuguese Internationalization
- Portuguese Localization
- Portuguese Medical Translations
- Portuguese Software Internationalization
- Portuguese Software Localization
- Portuguese Software Testing
- Portuguese Software Translation
- Portuguese Technical Translation
- Portuguese Technical Translations
- Portuguese Translation Agencies
- Portuguese Translation Companies
- Portuguese Translation Services
- Portuguese Translations
- Portuguese Translators
- Portuguese Website Internationalization
- Portuguese Website Localization
- Portuguese Website Testing
- Portuguese Website Translation