Portuguese Website Localization
Portuguese Web site localization is the process of adapting the language, appearance, and functionality of a Web site for Portugal. Portuguese Web site localization projects should be executed by experienced teams of localization professionals who work in conjunction with your Web site designers, adhering to proven best practices for Web site design and development.
- Portuguese Web site internationalization
- Portuguese Web site testing
- Portuguese Web site translation
If you are interested in localizing your Web site for Portugal, you may also find your company localizing printed documentation to be available as pdfs, multimedia products such as FLASH presentations, or Web applications such as online calculators or surveys. It is important that all components are correctly localized to offer a complete Web experience to your potential Portuguese users.
Whether your project is simple (such as a straight HTML-based Portuguese Web site) or complex (such as a dynamic, database-driven Portuguese Web application), your localization company should have solid experience and a comprehensive process which includes at a minimum:
- Portuguese glossary and terminology development.
- Portuguese cultural correctness assessment.
- Portuguese translation, editing and proofreading.
- Portuguese localization of graphics.
- Portuguese online quality assurance.
- Portuguese usability testing and Portuguese localization testing.
- Client review and approval.
You will need to provide your localization company with the following information, collectively referred to as a "Localization Kit." This information allows them to analyze your Web site and to determine its Portuguese localization requirements. This kit includes:
- Your current site URL.
- Summary of site architecture.
- Summary of any technologies and/or development tools used to develop your site.
- All files that make up your site in their original folder/file structure.
- All original graphics used in your site (artwork, background, and navigation buttons).
- All application source files (Word, FrameMaker, Quark, etc.) for any documentation available via your site.
- All application source files (Flash, Director, Authorware, etc.) for any multimedia available via your site.
For more information on Web site Localization, please see our Quick Facts Library or follow one of the links listed above.
- More Information
- The Portuguese Language
- The Portuguese Writing System
- Portuguese Certified Translations
- Portuguese Document Translation
- Portuguese Internationalization
- Portuguese Localization
- Portuguese Medical Translations
- Portuguese Software Internationalization
- Portuguese Software Localization
- Portuguese Software Testing
- Portuguese Software Translation
- Portuguese Technical Translation
- Portuguese Technical Translations
- Portuguese Translation Agencies
- Portuguese Translation Companies
- Portuguese Translation Services
- Portuguese Translations
- Portuguese Translators
- Portuguese Website Internationalization
- Portuguese Website Localization
- Portuguese Website Testing
- Portuguese Website Translation