Globalization Partners International was a Silver Sponsor at the recent 2013 Episerver North American Partner Summit in Chicago at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel in Chicago. It was a great event and I had the opportunity to meet a number of the Episerver team.
Episerver is a web content management system software company that provides web content management, digital marketing and e-commerce software. The event featured both business and technical sessions, the latest updates & case studies from Episerver, insights for/from developers, sales training and networking opportunities for North American based Episerver partners.
One of the highlights of the event was the “state of the market” address by Andy Hoar, Forrester Senior Analyst serving eBusiness & Channel Strategy Professionals, discussing the trends impacting the digital marketing and e-commerce industries.
The Summit was a great time to meet and re-connect with the many web development / interactive agencies that are also partners to Episerver. While this event was mostly attended by leading US-based partners I met a couple of International partners as well.
The evening before the main event took place we had a chance to casually network on a boat cruise on Lake Michigan. The Episerver team hosted a wonderful evening!
GPI was able to discuss with many Episerver partners our translation and localization services for digital marketing and e-commerce companies. We found a lot of interest in our Episerver Translation Connector, a tool which allows Episerver-based websites to initiate translation workflows with a single click and gain access to an array of reports to track and manage global translation projects through our own Translation Services Portal.
Some session highlights from the event:
- Innerworkings – Eric Harke, Vice President of eCommerce and Product Management
- Silverpop – Bryan Brown, Director of Product Strategy
- Everweb – Sallo Bah & Alex Martel, Episerver
- Add-Ons – Special Guest, InRiver – Kurt Kristmann
- Adaptive Design, Joe Bianco, Episerver
- Search for Commerce, Bill Murray, Episerver
- Condor, David Bowen & Mark Hall, Episerver
- Extending Promotions for Commerce, Shannon Gray, Episerver
- Test Cloud, Jeff Wallace, Episerver
It would be great to see you at the Summit next year!
More Resources on the Episerver Translation Connector and Website Translation
GPI’s Episerver Web CMS Connector is a plug-in that you can install on the server (client side) that extends the standard Episerver UI and allows users the option to send pages/content for translation. This process also communicates with GPI’s Translation Portal in order to start the translation process.
When you select a page from the CMS structure, a new tab called “Translation” will appear in your Episerver UI. From this new tab, you can send individual files, folders and sub-folders to translation in one or multiple languages.
- Easy integration with Episerver
- Simplifies import/export process for content translation workflows
- 24/7 secure access for your global teams to collaborate and track translation projects
- Quotes, proposals and a wide range of project materials available for download
- Dashboard to view status reports, schedules and project task lists
For more information about the connector, please check the Episerver Connector Brochure.
You may find the following references about website localization, globalization, development and Episerver localization useful: