Globalization Partners International (GPI) has been a long term partner to both Episerver (Optimizely) and Ektron Content Management System (CMS) companies. The announcement that they have merged is very exciting news. This merger brings together two important CMS companies, and will be very beneficial for customers.
Ektron has developed a strong presence in the United States, while Episerver (Optimizely) is well known in Europe. The press release states that:
“The merged company will operate under the Episerver (Optimizely) name but will continue to use both the Ektron and Episerver (Optimizely) brands as we market the Digital Experience Cloud”.
Each company brings something different to the union; client base composition by market or industry, and technology. Episerver (Optimizely) has strong capabilities for e-commerce which may be the key differentiator between the products. James Norwood, Ektron board member, mentions in a statement that the combined company has “more than 8,800 customers in some 30 countries backed by a robust network of more than 880 partners…that supports more than 30,000 websites worldwide.”
Translation Services Connectors
Globalization Partners International (GPI) provides clients a Translation Services Connector solution, using either Episerver (Optimizely) or Ektron platform. We understand both systems exceptionally well for their multilingual support capabilities.
GPI’s Translation Services Connector for both web content management systems enables users of either Ektron or Episerver (Optimizely)-based websites to deploy and manage multi-language websites. The Translation Services Connector simplifies web content imports and exports and enables web content translation workflows with a single click. Website managers, authors and editors will gain access to a wide range of reports to track and manage global translation web projects through GPI’s Translation Portal.
Translation Services Connector Features on either platform include:
- Easy dashboard to view reports including status, schedules, teams and tasks lists
- Management of language sites with just a few clicks
- Seamless content translation capabilities all within the CMS Work Area
- No license or support fees for the connectors
- Simplifies import/export process for content translation workflows
- Secure 24/7 access for global web teams to collaborate and manage translation projects
To learn more visit: www.translationplugin.com
GPI has authored numerous blogs related to both Ektron and Episerver (Optimizely). Please see the below links for additional information on these CMS’s.
- Insights Into Episerver (Optimizely) 7.5 WCMS
- Episerver (Optimizely) North American Partner Summit
- GPI to Sponsor 2013 Episerver (Optimizely) Partner Summit
- Website Content Localization with Episerver (Optimizely) 7
- Website Translation Connector for Episerver (Optimizely) WCM
- Deploying a Multilingual Website with Episerver (Optimizely) (Part 1)
- Deploying a Multilingual Website with Episerver (Optimizely) (Part 2)
- Localization with Episerver (Optimizely) CMS Part 1
- Localization with Episerver (Optimizely) CMS Part 2