Whether you are looking to expand into global markets new to your company or grow your operations where you already have a presence, it’s important to know what drives the economies of the countries where you do business. Visual Capital and Voucher Cloud recently published a detailed article and infographic with every country’s biggest exports.
Top Export Categories:
- Fuel. This is the top export category of 53 countries, representing 28.3% of countries.
- Metal, Mineral and Organic. This is the top export category of 50 countries, representing 26.7% of countries.
- Food and Produce. This is the top export category of 35 countries, representing 18.7% of countries.
- Transportation. This is the top export category of 24 countries, representing 12.8% of countries.
- Electronics. This is the top export category of 14 countries, representing 7.5% of countries.
- Textiles. This is the top export category of 6 countries, representing 3.2% of countries.
- Medical. This is the top export category of 5 countries, representing 2.7% of countries.
- Middle East. Oil dominates Middle Eastern countries’ exports, however, there are a couple of exceptions. Israel’s top export is diamonds and Lebanon specializes in jewelry.
- Europe. Many of Europe’s countries focus on goods in the transportation sector. Cars are the top export for nine countries. France’s top exports are aerospace-related.
- Asia. South Korea exports integrated circuits, while North Korea focuses on coal briquettes. China, Thailand and Vietnam specialize in computers and broadcasting equipment.
To read more and view the infographic, please see: Mapping the Top Export of Every Country.