Software Translation (Internationalization & Localization)
GPI provides comprehensive software translation services (also known as "software globalization") for companies who want to develop and simultaneously ship multi-language versions of their applications. Whether it's localizing a complex ERP application into Simplified Chinese or localizing and testing a Web-based survey, GPI will work closely with your development teams to ensure that the multilingual versions of your software work as well as the English.
How does GPI translate your software?
GPI has extensive experience utilizing global best practices for the development, internationalization and localization of software. Our Globalization Services Teams (GST) can serve as part of your development team to ensure that the language versions of your software are produced in a cost-effective, time-efficient and culturally-correct manner.
Software translation and globalization services include:
- Internationalization assessments through implementation and testing
- Localization of user interface, online help and printed documentation
- Comprehensive and customizable quality control
- Utilization of Translation Memory technologies for consistency and cost savings from one project to another
- Client-driven development workflows
- Software internationalization, localization and functionality testing as required by our clients
- Client review and approval opportunities at key stages in the process
Who does the work?
GPI's software globalization teams are professionals skilled in global software design and development. Based on your languages, subject matter, internationalization and localization requirements, a Globalization Services Team (GST) is selected to handle your account.
GPI's software globalization teams have expertise in:
- Numerous programming languages
- Database design, development and multilingual enablement
- Internationalization assessments, implementation and testing
- Localization assessments, implementation and testing
What other translation projects has GPI completed?
GPI's professionals have extensive experience in completing successful globalization projects. Ranging from the translation of catalogs and user manuals, to the localization of complex e-Learning software and high profile, global websites, our experience guarantees your success. Our case studies here represent just a small sample of our quality work.
Our clients include:
- Advertising Agencies
- Financial Institutions
- Consumer Products Companies
- E-Learning Companies
- Engineering Firms
- Event Organizers
- Hospitality: Hotels & Restaurants Chains
- Information Technology Firms
- Interactive Agencies
- Law Firms
- Manufacturing Firms
- Medical and Health Organizations
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Public Relations Firms
- Real Estate Firms
- Software Publishers
- Telecom Companies
How much will it cost and how long will it take?
GPI carefully reviews your information and provides a comprehensive quotation packet including all tasks, teams and timelines. Project timelines are client-driven and GPI will establish your Globalization Services Team (GST) and project schedule based on your needs.
Software translation quotes are based on:
- Number of words
- Source and target languages
- Subject matter
- Desktop publishing & graphics requirements for User Manuals
- Help Authoring Tool
- Software development platform
- Software development process
- Internationalization requirements
- Quality Assurance and Testing requirements
- Client review and approval requirements
We are happy to provide you with more information regarding costs and schedules. Please feel free tell us about your requirements via our request a translation quote page.
- More Information
- Document Translation
- Website Translation
- Software Translation
- Multilingual Desktop Publishing
- Global Search Engine Marketing
- Software and Website Testing
- Multilingual Website Design, Development and Deployment
- Audio/Video Translation
- Globalization Consulting Services
- Mobile Application Translation
- eCommerce Localization
- E-Book Translation